Who we are:
Canoe Outpost® was founded in 1969 by Tex and Donna Stout. The Bragg family took over in 1978 and still own and run the business today. Canoe Outpost® is an advertising and marketing family of independently owned paddlesport outfitters on the Santa Fe, Suwannee, Little Manatee, and Peace River. Canoe Outpost® and See the True Florida® became registered trademarks in 2010.
To protect, preserve, and share the true florida with the visitors and residents of Florida.
We are proud Members/Partners of:
View on Canoe Outpost-Peace River site
Canoe Outpost® advocates that everyone especially children should have the opportunity to experience the Florida outdoors.
We support the following issues:
- Funding of Visit Florida for the promotion of tourism in Florida
- Rural tourism in Florida
- Small business issues, less regulations, less taxes
- Private Property Rights
- Parental Rights in Florida
- No boat registration of canoes and kayaks
- Tourism as economic development
- Tourism as the #1 industry in Florida