Who we are:
Canoe Outpost-Peace River was first called Canoe Outpost of Arcadia when founded in 1969 by Tex and Donna Stout. Charlotte Bragg took over in 1978 and the company was called Peace River Canoe Outpost. Becky Bragg became owner and president in 2001 and incorporated under the name Canoe Outpost-Peace River which had been the marketing name for years. Becky, son, and brother still own and run the business today. Canoe Outpost-Peace River is a member of the marketing family called Canoe Outpost®.
All about the Peace River and it's history: Click here (opens new window)
Click here to meet the staff.
To provide the most professional, affordable, memorable, and fun paddling and outdoor experience to visitors of the Peace River and Canoe Outpost-Peace River while instilling a sense of stewardship of the environment in order that we may all enjoy the natural beauty for generations to come.
- To provide the most professional, paddling and outdoor experience to our guests
- To provide the most memorable, fun, and enjoyable paddling and outdoor experience to our guests
- To provide an affordable paddling and outdoor experience to our guests
- To protect and preserve the Peace River watershed for generations to come to respect and enjoy
- To ensure that all have the opportunity to experience and treasure the Peace River
It is our goal to treat each and every customer with the utmost respect, and provide them with the ultimate in a paddling and outdoor experience, and to do so with absolute integrity with emphasis on safety, education and enjoyment of the environment.
We are proud Members/Partners of:
We proudly support the following initiatives:
- FPPA Board of Directors, Communications Director, past & present Presidents, past Secretary/Treasurer
- VISIT FLORIDA Board of Directors
- VISIT FLORIDA Cultural, Heritage, Rural, and Nature Committee (CHRN)
- DeSoto County Tourist Development Council (TDC)
- Team Arcadia, Board Member
- Leadership Desoto graduates
- FWC Non-Motorized Working Group (NMBWG)
- FWC Boating Advisory Council member (BAC)
- DeSoto County Economic Development Council (EDC)
- DeSoto County Economic Development Advisory Council (EDAC)
- Florida Freshwater Frontier (FFF)
- Florida Heartland Rural Economic Development Initiative (FHREDI)
- FWC Non-motorized Boat Technical Advisory Group (NMBTAG)
Canoe Outpost-Peace River advocates that everyone especially children should have the opportunity to experience the Florida outdoors.
We support the following issues:
- Funding of Visit Florida for the promotion of tourism in Florida
- Rural tourism in Florida
- Small business issues, less regulations, less taxes
- Private Property Rights
- Parental Rights in Florida
- No boat registration of canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards
- Tourism as economic development
- Tourism as the #1 industry in Florida
Community Service Projects
- Volunteer staff and buses for Team Arcadia Holiday Tour of Homes
- Volunteer staff and bus for Links to Success community education tour
- Volunteer staff and bus for Leadership DeSoto community education tour
- Organize and sponsor River & Boat Ramp Clean-Ups
- Organize and sponsor local park Clean-Ups esp. Lake Katherine Park & Brownville Park
- Supply bus and driver at cost for weeklong Florida Cracker Trail Association cross state trail ride.
We've shared our vision of Peace, Love and Paddlin' on the Peace River for over 45 years with tens of thousands of paddlers ranging in ages from two to 92. Why don't you come on down and see Canoe Outpost on the Peace River and join the fun.