Quick Peek (PDF)
Check-in Procedures Quck Print (PDF)
A quick peek at Canoe Outpost-Peace River and what we offer to our guests:
- On all paddle trips, we transport you upriver by bus and you paddle downstream back to us.
- Our trips are wilderness trips with the occasional section of homes.
- You always paddle back to your vehicle, no end of trip bus rides. Parking is close to the river.
- On the popular Zolfo Springs to Gardner Run, we have end of trip parking and restrooms. The Outpost has facilities right next door to the public boat ramp.
- There are two offices. The Arcadia office is the main office and the Gardner office is a seasonal office for ease of check-in during busy season.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff with years of experience. Canoe Outpost is the oldest and largest outfitter in Florida.
- Cleanest paddle gear in the state! Every cushion, lifejacket, canoe, and kayak is washed after each use.
- All our bus drivers are CDL drivers and our buses are DOT Compliant, inspected and approved.
- Exclusive picnic and camping areas along the river at Oak Hill for Canoe Outpost-Peace River customers only, included in canoe/kayak rental.
- Reserved camping spots along the river at the Outpost exclusive Oak Hill picnic/camping area are available
- Camping gear delivery is available at Oak Hill.
- 5 mile Oak Hill Run is a Canoe Outpost-Peace River exclusive.
- Open 7 days a week, call and talk to a real person, not a machine. Closed Christmas Day.
- Group and special discounts are available.
- We love kids! Kids, 12 and under as extra people in the middle, are free. Over 13 years old in the middle? Add $15 per day.
- Pets are welcome. We love them too as long as they're friendly!
Children PFDs are fitted ski vest type, not the orange horse collar type
- We have camping gear by the piece or you can be completely outfitted with all the basic camping gear. Our propane stoves, propane lanterns, sleeping bags, and tents are all Coleman brand.
- You have the canoe/kayak until closing time, regardless of trip length.
- Tee shirts, shark tooth necklaces, sunscreen, soft drinks, bottled water, and cup holders for sale.
- For your comfort, we have seatbacks for rent. Birthday paddlers get a free seatback on their birthday!
- Last minute trip? We offer bottled water, Powerades, and sodas for sale. We'll even loan you a small cooler with ice.
- Free river maps
- Free fossil i.d. and “how to” fossil sheets
- Free fossil hunting equipment as supply lasts. Bring your fossils to us and we'll try to i.d. them for you.
- Free boat cushion for each person
- New to town? We have a free map of all the accommodations and eateries in the area. Mention you're going canoeing or have been and the accommodations will usually give you a discount.
- Picnic area is available for groups. Scattered picnic tables around the grounds are available for all to use.
- Quick access to the Peace River Campground. We're right next door. Walk or drive over.
- Alcohol is allowed on the Peace River. Please drink responsibly. NO glass allowed.
Base Rates for Standard Trips.
- $40 per canoe. All day runs end in Arcadia, back at your vehicles.
- Gardner Run/12 miles: For the more experienced paddler at normal water level. Easy to do if water is up. It's the favorite short camping trip.
- Brownville Run/ 8 miles: Favorite day run, 3-4 hours of leisure paddling. It's a fossil hunting run.
- Oak Hill Run/5 miles: A favorite day run for the beginners and fossil hunters.
- Hourly Rental: Dock to Dock, $30 minimum per canoe for two people, not to exceed the daily rental of $40 plus tax. Good for fossil hunting and beginners when water is down.
- $75 for two days. Add $25 for each additional night. Runs can either end in Arcadia or Gardner, and always back at your vehicles.
- Zolfo Springs Run/33 miles: For the experienced, need 3 days to do run. Can do it in two days if water is up. Ends in Arcadia. 3rd day is an additional $25.
- Zolfo Springs Run/19.5 miles: Prettiest section of the river, most popular overnight run. Ends in Gardner.
- Gardner Run/12 miles: Leisure overnight run, camp at Oak Hill. Ends in Arcadia. Camping gear can be delivered*.
- Brownville Run/8 miles: Best for the beginner or those that want more camping than paddling. Camp at Oak Hill. End in Arcadia. Camping gear can be delivered*.
- Gardner to Gardner: Leave from Gardner and paddle upstream as far as you desire. Float back to your vehicles in Gardner. Best when river is low.
*Camping gear delivery for a fee.