Outfitting Quick Print (PDF)
If you don't want to drag your gear to the river and back home to clean it or don't have any camping gear, we can help you out! Our Outpost Outfitting package will make going camping a lot easier. We can even deliver the camping gear to a campsite if you want.
Outfitted canoes (we supply basic camping gear) are $150.00 per canoe for two people for one night and two days. Extra person in middle under 12 is free, over 12 add $15.00 per day. Each extra night is $50.00 per outfitted canoe. Add 7.5% State Sales Tax to all prices. Prices subject to change without notice. Remember to bring plenty of food and drink. You can also rent individual camping gear items.
- Every canoe in a group does not to need to be outfitted, usually every other one. We suggest the rental of separate tents, sleeping bags etc. Example: four people usually only need one stove and one lantern. Extra tents and sleeping bags can be rented separately or bring your own.
- At check-in, customer needs to determine if they will need the Outpost cooler w/ ice or just the ice. The cooler and/or ice are given to customer at time of check-in.
- All gear is in campbox, except water, sleeping bags, and cooler. All Outpost outfitted gear will be placed on bus and in canoe by staff with the exception of the cooler.
- Make sure all personal gear is labeled and double bagged in plastic bags or in water-resistant containers.
- Please do not eat or store food in tent. Ants will chew through floor and walls of tent.
A signed and completed Credit Card Authorization (CCA) form is required for each outfitted canoe. See CCA for fees if canoe and/or outfitting is not taken. Call Canoe Outpost to receive a copy of the CCA by fax or go to Credit Card Authorization page. Each outfitted canoe should handle their own credit card hold or all can be put on the group leader's card. Service fee is charged regardless if a canoe is rented or not. Credit card hold will also be held to allow for inspection and cleaning of gear. Any damages will be assessed and charged to the credit card.
This camping gear list below also makes a great camping checklist for those that have their own camping gear.
Items provided by Canoe Outpost-Peace River
- Dome tent with instructions and tarp (8'x8' base, 3 adults cozy, 2 adults comfy) & instructions. Use tarp over top of tent in case of rain.
- 2 sleeping bags (already double bagged in garbage bags)
- Cooler (48 qt.) with one bag of ice
- Propane stove w/ propane tank (2-burners) inc. "hose" connector & instructions
- Propane lantern w/ propane tank inc. tank stand, extra mantles, & instructions
- Matches (1 box)
- Aluminum Cookset: large pot, medium pot, coffee boiling pot & lid, large lid, pot handle, 4 metal or plastic plates, 4 plastic cups
- Plasticware (8 forks, 8 spoons, 8 knives)
- Iron skillet
- Dish towel, dish cloth, dish soap, scouring pad
- Garbage bag
- Can opener
- Cooking Water (2.5 gallons for 2 days, 5 gallons if 3 days)
- Serving spoon, fork, and spatula
- Serrated knife
- Wee-Wee Kit (trowel, sm. roll of toilet paper, instructions)
- Two "Canoe Outpost" drink cups for you to keep if so desired.
- Bottle of hand sanitizer
Items to be brought by customer (necessities and suggested items)
- Food and drink of choice including drinking water.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hats
- Bug repellent
- Extra cooler for drinks (saves ice on food)
- Sheets for warm weather, blankets for cold
- Grill, charcoal and starter
- Flashlight (for inside tent)
- Rope (clothesline if needed)
- Paper plates cups, & paper towels (less to wash)
- First Aid kit
- Lawn chairs
- Towels, washrags, personal toiletries
- Extra flatware (less to wash)
- Extra garbage bags
- Change of shoes (Dry shoes for camp)
- Extra Toilet paper
- Seatbacks (stadium seats) or can be rented at Outpost
- Toys! Many people ask what do we do once we're in camp? Bring your fishing poles, playing cards, a good book, dominoes, frisbee, yoga mat, guitar, binocular and birding guide, fossil sifter, camera etc. Hang out and relax!
Notes: All our gear is cleaned and checked after each use. Please let us know if you have a problem with any of it. We cannot guarantee that our tents will not leak during thunderstorms, we try to keep them maintained to the best of our ability but tents are almost impossible to waterproof completely. If it starts to rain, use the tarp on top of the tent.
We use Coleman brand equipment.
Check out Peace River Links for camping websites.
All prices effective 1/1/2016