Things for Kids to Do Quick Print (PDF)
Taking the kids paddling or camping?
Here are some ideas to help entertain them. The most important thing to remember is let them be kids and get them outdoors!
|During the day, kids can:
- Dip for minnows and crawfish
- Skip stones
- Follow trails
- Blow bubbles
- Look for fossils
- Find shapes in the clouds
- Play games
- Look for critter tracks
- Gather firewood
- Be your picture taker
- Play Frisbee
- Play ball
- Build the campfires
- Scavenger hunts
- Play tag
|At night, kids can: |
- Listen for the hoot owls, coyotes, and other creatures of the night!
- Count the stars
- Roast marshmallows
- Tell scary stories
- Shine for eyes (with flashlights)
- Take a night walk (if you're not disturbing others)
- Play catch with glow in the dark Frisbees or glow sticks
- Have a sing-a-long
- Play cards, when was the last time you played "War"?
- Inexpensive cameras
- Fishing poles
- Dip nets
- Board Games
- Deck of cards
- Balls: beach ball, football, kickball, tennis ball
- Art supplies: paint, crayons, & markers with plenty of paper. Encourage the kids to document their river trip.
- Paper for paper airplanes, and then use them to start the campfire. (Recycle those old office copies!)
- Origami supplies and instructions
- Magnify glasses for critter i.d. (plastic)
- Bug Barns
- Animal, bird, and plant i.d. books
- Musical instruments
||Get ready for some paddlin' fun! It's time to plan your youth group's fun with Canoe Outpost-Peace River on the beautiful Peace River in Arcadia with our Kids Can Paddle program. Special pricing for weekday kid groups.|
Hey Kids - Did you think we forgot you? No way! At Canoe Outpost-Peace River we love kids. We know you'll have a lot of fun on the Peace River but just in case you can't make it down to the water, we've got some cool coloring book pages, mazes and puzzles.THESE GET PRINTED ON YOUR PRINTER!!!
||Here are some kayak and canoe coloring pages. They start easy but get harder fast! Give them all a try!
||Try these fun maze games. Carl, Penny and Tommy need your help! |
Help Carl Canoeist go home
Penny goes to the Big Falls
Help Tommy find Lost Canyon
||You just have to try these! Think you can figure these paddling puzzles out? |
Carl's Water Words word search (easy)
Billy Bonzai word search (hard)
Help Kayla Kayaker Find Animals word search (hard)
Paddler Word Fragments (hard) answers here
A big thanks to ClubKayak.com and Green Wave Forum for letting us use their kids coloring pages, maze games and puzzles.